Senior badminton and table tennis
As we get older, it's important for us to remain healthy, fit and social - for both our physical and mental health. We run badminton and table tennis sessions especially for over 50s.
During these sessions, we have five badminton courts and eight table tennis tables available for use. If our courts fill, then we run court rotations every 15 minutes so that everyone has the ability to play.
Badminton shuttles are provided and you are also welcome to bring your own. Please bring your own racquet, however we do have spares if required.
Rest areas, showers, toilets and a kiosk for refreshments are available at the centre.
See our prices.
|Mondays||12.30pm - 3.30pm|
- Courts and tables are to be shared with all users in the venue. There is no court hire or holding of specific courts during social session.
- All courts and tables are to be played as doubles unless numbers permit.
- Shuttles will be brought out in time periods set by YMCA management. Shuttles which are brought to the courts by YMCA are to be left at the court.
- A timer will be set for 15 minute intervals for game play time. When this siren sounds if there are participants waiting, please vacate your court or table and allow them to step on, followed by those who were just playing a game.
- Paid coaching is not permitted. We have court hire and table hire available for these purposes.
Seniors strength programs
Seniors strength programs (specifically designed to meet the needs of older people) take place at Leeds Street Sports Centre, Doncaster.
For more information on our senior sports program, please contact us.