Social sports sessions are open to all players of all ages abilities. If our courts fill then we run court rotations every 15 minutes so that everyone has the ability to play. Shuttles are provided and you are also welcome to bring your own.
Please bring your own racquet, however we do have spares if required. Rest areas, showers, toilets and a kiosk for refreshments are available at the centre.
We also offer badminton for seniors - part of our senior sports program which is for all members of the public aged 50 years or over.
See our prices.
Social badminton takes place at Manningham Donvale Indoor Sports Centre (Manningham DISC).
|Monday (seniors day, 50+ only)||12.30pm - 3pm||Five courts available|
|Wednesday||10am - 12pm||Seven courts available|
|Friday||10am - 12pm||Five to six courts available|
- Courts and tables are to be shared with all users in the venue. There is no court hire or holding of specific courts during social sessions.
- All courts and tables are to be played as doubles unless numbers permit.
- Shuttles will be brought out in time periods set by YMCA management. Shuttles which are brought to the courts by YMCA are to be left at the court.
- A timer will be set for 15 minute intervals for game play time. When this siren sounds if there are participants waiting, please vacate your court or table and allow them to step on, followed by those who were just playing a game.
- Paid coaching is not permitted. We have court hire and table hire available for these purposes.
Using the booking system below, select 'Manningham DISC' and then 'Social Sports' to book a social badminton session.
Casual court hire
See our prices.
Payment must be made at the time of booking to confirm hire.
We can provide options to book courts at Manningham DISC and Doncaster Badminton Centre up to three months in advance (in the current year). Court bookings are subject to availability and courts are unavailable on public holidays. Contact us for availability.
If you would like to make a casual court hire booking, please contact us.