Mannnigham YMCA is committed to the safeguarding of children and young people.
The YMCA supports the concept that in our society every child and young person deserves the right to thrive, learn and grow, be respected, valued and enabled to become an effective adult member of the community.
Our organisation ensures that each person involved in the delivery of services to children and young people understands their role and the behaviour we expect in safeguarding children and young people from abuse and neglect.
Australian Childhood Foundation Accreditation
In 2014 Manningham YMCA became accredited as a SAFEGUARDING CHILDREN ORGANISATION through the Australian Childhood Foundation. This program aims to increase the safety of children and young people who participate in MYMCA programs by ensuring that MYMCA has implemented and continues to improve upon child-protective policies and practices throughout the organisation.
Accreditation involved an extensive external audit process against seven standards:
- Commitment to Safeguarding Children
- Staff roles and conduct
- Staff and volunteer recruitment and screening
- Staff Induction and Training
- Involving parents and children in safeguarding children
- Child abuse reports and allegations
- Supporting a child-safe culture
MYMCA has maintained accreditation through 2015 and 2016 through an internal reporting process, which is reviewed by the Australian Childhood Foundation.
In early 2017, manningham YMCA underwent a full external audit and was recently re-accrediated as a SAFEGUARDING CHILDREN ORGANISATION.
Manningham YMCA staff
In terms of MYMCA staff:
- All of our staff must maintain a valid "Working with Children Check"
- We don't appoint staff until a satisfactory police check has been completed
- Our staff follow a CODE of CONDUCT, which provides guidelines for staff behaviour when working with children and young people.
- All of our staff who work with children and young people complete a safeguarding children course within 3 months of being employed with us
Policies and Procedures
Our primary goal is to keep children and young people SAFE in our Manningham YMCA facilities and programs. We have a range of policies and procedures to help us do that. Read more about these policies and procedures on this page.
Safeguarding children and young people at Manningham YMCA:
Full version of policies
If you would like to read the complete policies:
If you would like more information about Safeguarding Children at MYMCA stadiums, please call Manningham YMCA on (03) 9848 0088 or email firstname.lastname@example.org